Friday, December 11, 2009

The Obligatory "I'm Not Dead" Post

There comes a time in a bloggers life that he or she has to post the "I'm not dead" entry. I'm not sure why and I'm not sure if anyone cares but I guess it's just good manners. So here it is.


I'm not dead but I am currently updating my lab with a SAN/NAS, SQL server, routers & switches and an Exchange Server for yet more Bob fun, well fun for me anyway. I hope to have the lab ready to continue and some fresh ideas for the next round of Bob posts in the new year. I'll be picking up where I left off, with Bob having planted his backdoors and now preparing to make himself at home on the Walliford network.

All the best for the holiday season.

Syn

6 comments:

Matt said...

Horray for not being dead! Don't worry about the absence. I doubt many people take you off their readers just because you don't post often.

We'll still be here when you get time.

--Matt

Dave said...

I was eagerly awaiting the next installment ... but I guessed that Bob was out Christmas shopping for Mrs Bob! I look forward to the remainder of the series in the new year.

Maybe you can give a brief rundown of your lab setup when you've got it all connected and configured? BTW, I hope that your CCNA studies are going well.

javatard said...

I was starting to wonder.....

Tai Long said...

Hi Syn
All articles of you very very awesome.

I hope you have more articles in the new year. maybe backdoor, command-line and networking :D
sorry, my bad english

Thanks share, again

SynJunkie said...

Cheers guys.

Matt - Your absolutely right, Mrs Bob and little baby Bob are pretty demanding and not always appreciative of the time I spend trying to get Bob stories prepared and posted. I certainly will post an entry on my lab sometime this month. CCNA studies were going well but I got sidetracked with the new MSF v3.3 release and a new SAN administration role that I am just taking on. I'll be booking the exam at the beginning of Jan for the exam some time in Feb. It's a little bit later than I wanted but never mind.

Tai - I'll be covering plenty of those you can be sure.

Kyp said...

Hi Syn,

Looking forward to more Bob stories. IMHO, this is one of the best/fun infosec blogs around! Keep up the good work.

Glad you are no dead by the way :)